Sunday, April 02, 2006

Wax On ..... Wax Off

Unlike last spring - the weather has been SOO cooperative - two beautiful sunny days with highs breaking 60!

Saturday I washed the boat with Simple Green and started the buffing process. Used Maguire's High Gloss Polish (#45). Applied with a buffing wheel. I did each section 2 times. Applied the polish, wiped off the excess and repeated, then moved the ladders. I spent 3 hrs on Sat buffing and completed the starboard side and the transom.

On Sunday I completed buffing the port side (about 2.5hrs work) and started waxing. I elected to apply the wax (Maguire's No. 56 Pure Wax) by hand. The entire wax job (port and starboard) took about 3 hours.

One tip - with the boat facing East-West, and working after noon. I should have worked from West to East so that I was not constantly looking into the sun. It also would make it easier to see which areas have been completed and to spot missed spots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home